Monday, April 16, 2012

That's Church!

Virginia Montanez, the brains behind That's Church, came and spoke to our class this past Wednesday. She gave us really good advice about blog writing and even helped us individually. 


She said what I had was interesting but agreed that I should stop if I lost my passion. She also said earlier that if you're thinking about giving up on your blog to sleep on it before making any final decisions. I took that advice seriously and realized why I lost interest in my subject. 

Whenever something becomes to hard I tend to just give up. Blogging has always been something I've done for fun and not as an assignment. I never had to keep up with it daily. I didn't have to worry when my schedule got busy because I knew it didn't matter if I didn't blog for a couple of days. Keeping up with this blog and my other work became too hard, so I tricked myself into thinking I just didn't like napping anymore. In reality.. how could I not love napping?

Long story short, I am pleased to inform you that I am back in business 100%! I really want to thank Virginia for all her advice. She also mentioned me on her blog, which is really cool!

If you love Pittsburgh, visit That's Church for some really cool stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you've re-found your nap-passion. Hope you keep going well beyond this class. Just think: you can work on your own schedule, and squeeze in naps between posts whenever you like.

    This is such a great concept, and such a fun blog, Cherie. I think if you keep at it, it will find its audience.

    Have a nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to give up my other projects and devote all my time to this, so I can't imagine things slowing down. And even if the audience never comes, all I need is people like yourself who believe in the idea to keep things going.

      Thanks for everything and have a good summer!

      Delete